Monday, October 12, 2009

FIVE GUYS &
GEORGETOWN
CUPCAKE INCH
CLOSER TO
BETHESDA ROW
OPENINGS

Another www.RobertDyer.net Exclusive!!!

This past Saturday, I stopped by Bethesda Row to check on the progress of the soon-to-open Five Guys and Georgetown Cupcake storefronts.

Neither one is opening tomorrow, but Five Guys will open sooner. I predict that because the permanent sign has already been installed outside. And a paper taped to the storefront says they are now hiring for the Bethesda Row location.

Georgetown Cupcake isn't quite that far yet, but I could hear people working behind the blacked-out storefront.

I have exclusive photos which you will see very soon.

~ + ~

The temperature is falling outside, so I have a new video from the vaults - from the Celebrate Damascus parade this past July 10. Watch it now on the Robert Dyer Channel at www.RobertDyer.net. I'd hoped to have more stories from the history of Damascus for you today, from yesterday's event at Damascus ES. But even though the Gazette article suggested there would be historical speakers and exhibits, I did not find any, and left shortly after arriving. To make up for that, enjoy the previously-mentioned new video from a past event.
There was one interesting historical note in last week's Gazette: the owner of the 50-year-old Richard gas station was once the projectionist at the historic Druid Theater.

Another bonus: a new photo of a Case JX95 tractor! Find it on my photos page at RobertDyer.net.

No comments: