Monday, January 09, 2012

PHILLIPS SEAFOOD

25% OFF AT

GIANT

Today through Thursday, all Phillips Seafood products (except Party Packs) are 25% off at participating Giant stores.

I've tried just about all of the frozen seafood line, and every product has been delicious.

They have two kinds of crab cakes based on the famous restaurant recipe. Serve them with a side dish, or put one into a high-quality hamburger bun with Phillips Tartar Sauce for a Crab Cake Sandwich.

I was initially skeptical about Salmon Cakes in general, but once I tried the Phillips brand Salmon Cakes I wanted a second right away.

Need appetizers for a party? There won't be any Phillips Buffalo Shrimp left behind on the plate! Another pleasant surprise, as these are the first frozen shrimp I've had that are restaurant quality.

I haven't seen the dim sum or flatbread products on the shelves yet, but the Salt and Pepper Calamari was in stock, and I'm looking forward to trying it.

The Crab Pretzel is another good choice - each is a single-serving.

Soups are restaurant quality as well. My favorite crab soup is the original Cream of Crab recipe from the original Phillips Crab House in Ocean City. That has a thin broth, but I wonder if it does not translate well to a frozen product. For whatever reason, this is the thicker kind, but there's nothing wrong with that.

I haven't tried the Clam Chowder yet, and I'm hoping it's the same recipe they serve at the Rockville Phillips, which was the best Clam Chowder I've had. Not to mention that they have the World's Best Potato Salad at Phillips Crab House in Ocean City. I hope they can figure out how to package that someday for grocery stores.

With 25% off, this is the time to try out all of the Phillips products, and also to use the many recipes they offer on their website:

http://www.phillipsfoods.com/

I've been dining at Phillips in Ocean City my whole life. There are a lot of new, trendy restaurants in Ocean City, but Phillips Crab House is still the best in my opinion. With a long, cold winter ahead, their grocery line brings the best seafood in Ocean City to Bethesda any night of the week.

No comments: