Monday, February 19, 2018

Bistro LaZeez now for sale in Bethesda (Photos)

What a couple of weeks it has been for Bistro LaZeez at 8009 Norfolk Avenue in downtown Bethesda. First, they "temporarily closed" at the end of January. Then they were officially shut down by the Montgomery County health department on February 8. A week later, their landlord went after them for unpaid rent and late fees in court. Now the restaurant is for sale for $100,000.

I and some readers have seen ads prior to this offering a restaurant that sounded like the bistro. But this ad now posted on the front of the restaurant makes it official. It offers the business as a turnkey restaurant opportunity, with the prospective new owner taking up the rest of the seven years remaining on the lease.

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

“this ad now posted on the front of the restaurant makes it official”

So did the owner’s own statement that he was working with an agent to sell the business — as announced 10 days ago.

#Reheated #HyperLate

Anonymous said...

I scooped you on this one. I commented on your original post the exact same news. Credit to me.

Robert Dyer said...

5:22: Both 5:22 comments are false. Anonymous ads for the restaurant were seen BEFORE it closed in January, much earlier than "10 days ago." But you're wrong on that, too: *I* broke all 3 stories about the restaurant, and this is the fourth in a row. The article you're referring to was published many, many hours after my own report!

Anonymous said...

I guess the bank will just write off the back rent as bad debt. Why this isn't torn down is beyond me. That whole block could go. Nothing but crap. I'm not saying I like all these blocks going down. At this rate, there will be nothing old school or with any charm of Old Bethesda left.

Anonymous said...

I guess Tia Queta wouldn't sell.

Anonymous said...

Wonder if Dyer wants to be the next Jeff Black? Go ahead Dyer and ask your parents for the $100k.

Anonymous said...

6:55 AM Can't cover that on a an intern's salary, that's for sure.

Anonymous said...

Tia Quita owns the building

Randy said...

Why would anyone "buy the restaurant" for $100K? The restaurant rents the space from a landlord, so you aren't buying the property...obviously. Clearly business has been so poor that the current owner can't even afford his rent.

So someone is supposed to pay $100K for the right to take over the 'Intellectual Property' of a restaurant that is hemorrhaging money and can't generate enough business to pay the lease? Seems like a bad deal, but I could be missing something here.

Anonymous said...

@6:48 I guess that includes the kitchen equipment, furniture, etc. but it's still a lofty price for a failing restaurant. If I was starting a restaurant, I'd offer $10k for just the equipment and furniture, but not the name, and start up a new restaurant using a new name and concept... maybe call it Riemer's Steamers?